Suggestion for an addon

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM
not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a few suggestions for your bot.

Scripts plugin addon-
I originally downloaded your bot for the KOS mod and the permissions that other bots do not have as of now.   We currently use a modified guild advertisement script, and would love to be able to just port this over into the KOS mod.  It would look much better then the current KOS mod IMO, and has more functionality.  It's kind of hard to explain, but here is how I would like to see it.

A plugin folder that you can throw your script in, even better have a folder for each permission level
/tell bot scriptname - would run the script with that name.
some examples of what could be done with this plugin.
/tell bot diplomacy -  would run the script called diplomacy.txt.  where it would show the enemy/neutral/friendly guilds
/tell bot craft - could list who is currently which crafting profession at what tier
/tell bot guildneeds - could list what is currently needed for certain guild goals
/tell bot events - could list what events are coming up in the future
/tell bot join - it would send a tell explaining how to join the guild.

Also an option to listen in guild chat for certain commands would be nice as well.

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM
I think it is interesting feature. I will look to implement these in a future release.

Thanks a lot
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I have tried to do something similar. you can try it.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3502846/63d84d0b/_cBotScript.html

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:15 PM
Very close to what I wanted, and something that will work for what I need.  I get an error with the script though.  When I sent it a tell !script kos it sent me a tell saying /ch guild "Scriptname"  But when I typed !script kos in guild chat the bot outputted something along the lines of "This is an unknown command" in guild chat.  I'm at work right now so I can't tell you the exact error it gave me.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:39 PM
ok got the /tell part working.  the beginning of the document said "/ch guild" in the first line to put it through to the guild chat.  Now when I do "!script kos" in the guild chat I get the following error." Command not found. Try Help for view all command available"  Is it possible to output this to the guild chat? or is it just for tells?
Jun 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM

http://www.2shared.com/file/3510716/829a1f48/_cBotScript.html

try it now. i have my bot modified, so it not worked with default cBot

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM
If you let me I want to include this in next release
Jun 30, 2008 at 12:36 AM
works now as advertised, very nice.

!script now works in guild chat and /tell botname script scriptname now both work
Jun 30, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Broker wrote:
If you let me I want to include this in next release

sure.